Tuesday, February 3, 2009

new year's resolutions - revisited

so why am I bring up new year's resolutions at the beginning of February?  these are things that people usually only talk about the first few days of January...  that is, if they even remember them by Jan. 2nd...  

in my post on Dec. 30th, I mentioned that I quit making resolutions because I rarely keep them...  well, this year I actually did make one...  I am reading the Bible through this year.  I began on Jan 1st with Matthew [first book of the New Testament], reading 4 chapters a day...   and have continued from there.  when I finish reading through the New Testament, I will go back to the Old Testament, starting with Genesis, and continue...

I have to admit that I have gotten a few days behind, and so will have to read a few extra chapters each day to catch up to where I should be, but as of now, I have managed to get through the 4 gospels.

from time to time I will post about what I have read, and any comments or questions that you may have are welcome!!  

No comments: