Wednesday, February 18, 2009

why are they called "bills"? why not "bobs" or "teds"?

"We would be delighted if you would pay your electric bill....  you will be de-lighted if you don't."  

I read this once a long time ago on some page of puns and jokes...   I was just thinking about it 'cause I have to pay my electric bill.  I complain to myself sometimes about how much it is, and the fact that I have to pay it in the first place...   but then I remember that there are those people who do not even have electricity...   and there are those people who have it, but don't have enough money to pay the bill...   and so they are "de-lighted"...  their electricity is cut off.

It is all about perspective, isn't it?  I may not like to pay bills, but at least I am fortunate enough to be able to pay them.   

We all need to keep things in perspective...  What, in your life, do you need to keep "in perspective"?  And while you're thinking about this, say a prayer for those people not as fortunate as you... 

No comments: